Monday, June 4, 2012

Moving

What a weekend! This weekend was "the big move" and my mind and body sure feel it! 

My mom got into LA about 1:15pm on Saturday with the Budget truck holding "all the contents of my life," and we spent almost two hours unloading it. I must have taken trips up and down the flight of stairs at least 25 times, always with something in my hands. We were up until about 2am working on the place -- going to Bed, Bath & Beyond, Ikea (the first time either of us had ever been), unpacking boxes, building furniture, and getting as much done as we could before our bodies gave out. It was the longest day I've had in a while (#firstworldproblems), but we got a good amount done.

Sunday called for another trip to Bed Bath and Ikea, taking mom to the airport, and putting in another 11 hours of work unpacking, organizing, building, and more! It was so exhausting, but all worth it to look around before going to bed last night and see that I only need to put in another few hours tonight! I still have a lot of things I need to purchase to complete the place, but that will come little by little each month as my checks come in. 

Moving is such a process, it takes a lot of time and money, but when I can look around and know I've built (quite literally) a place for myself to call home, it feels so great. I look forward to the memories I will make in this place, and praise God for the blessings he lays upon me regularly. 

From this. . .
To this. . .

 Turning a studio into a 1br is doable! 
Built this myself, thank you, Ikea!

And now I conclude, because my brain is so tired and doesn't feel like being artistic in a written sort of way, and my lunch period is coming to a close. :) 

Today's Thought: You can do whatever you put your mind to! Don't give up, work hard, and when things seem too tough and overwhelming, take a step back, a deep breath, and tell yourself, "I can do it." Take things step by step, and eventually you'll meet the end of the path!

No comments:

Post a Comment