Thursday, March 1, 2012

23's Never Looked So Good

People freak out about age far too often, I believe. The big ones that are actually worth tripping out over, in my opinion, are your 1st birthday (I mean, obviously, that is a fairly big landmark in a person's life. Even if we never remember it.), 13th (yay, I'm a teenager now!), 16th (Sweet 16? I will never really understand the great appeal to this one..), 18th (awesome, I can legally kill my lungs, pollute my mind, and be considered an "adult," no matter how far from the truth that may be), 21st (for very, very obvious reasons to us Americanos), 25th (a quarter century, if you so make it that far in the end anyways), 30th (probably the best year EVER), then from there I would say you go by 10's. And if you make it to the majorly old age of 100, you. GO. HARD!

Many of my friends and I are coming into our 23rd years of life, and the reactions have been very mixed. And while I don't think that any birthday should go uncelebrated, or that 23 is really that big of a deal, it still kind of is. At least for a bunch of us it marks the year that we are finally done with college and beginning to come into our "adult lives." Most of my friends have been and are dreading turning 23 and think there is absolutely no draw to it. People stress out and say that after you turn 21 it's all downhill from there. Well to all you naysayers out there I say, "STOP! That is ludicrous for you to think that way!"

I consider myself to be incredibly blessed that I can truly and honestly say that each year of my life seems to be even better than the last. It could be because I get wiser with each year that passes, but I think that it is because I just don't stop having fun. I can turn just about anything into a joke, try not to take myself too seriously, and love to have a good time wherever and with whomever. You never know how long you're going to be on mother earth, so you might as well live it up and have a good time while you still can!

The whole reason for all this word-vomit is that this past Sunday (February 26th) was MY 23rd birthday! It is a day I was looking forward to since just a couple months after my 22nd, and a year that I know and feel will be one of the greatest yet! I am going to begin my "big girl life" and move my butt back down to LA where it belongs, I will likely begin a career or some sort of job (that I absolutely love, of course, why bother doing anything else!?), and watch my life transform before my eyes. It will be glorious. You all are in for quite a treat as we embark on this journey together.

Once again, I apologize that it has been so many days. I am on a whirlwind road/"business" trip for a couple weeks and have been without internet this entire week. 8-O And considering that I am leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow to celebrate my birthday in correlation with two other friends', I can pretty much assure you that I will not be posting again until Sunday. Apologies in advance dear friends. Te quiero mucho!

Today's Quote: "All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much." -George Harrison

No comments:

Post a Comment