Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I'm A Big Kid Meow

Well folks I finally did something I set out to do! I came on this massive roadtrip with the hopes of finding myself a job down here in Los Angeles, and while it may not be a permanent position, it certainly is a paying job! I am back at Disney's ABC working in the communication administration department. It's a 6-week temp job, but could turn into something more permanent somewhere. So I have moved myself down to LA, into my uncles' home, and am beginning the next chapter of my life.

It's very strange jumping into this type of thing so quickly. I came down here to go to a few interviews and meetings, catch up with people I worked with during my internship, visit close friends, and try to snoop out a job. I never in a million years would have expected that me dropping in to say hi to a few old colleagues would lead to a short-term position right back where I was only a matter of months ago. But in a way it's very fitting, and in a strange way could have been expected simply because of how things go in my life. It is full of the unexpected, crazy things happening at crazy times, and little surprises that only God knows about.

I didn't have any time to adjust to the idea of moving out of Chico, so it's probably a good thing that I will be going back this weekend to gather my wardrobe and get in one last night of debauchery with my friends! And then it will be back down to LA, where I have pretty much always belonged, to continue my "adult life" and try to really make my mark in the world. In an interview I had last week one of the questions was about my long-term goals, goal for the next 5-10 years. I answered by saying that I will have moved up in the company from where I started and all that good stuff, but my biggest focus was the fact that I will be a force to be reckoned with in whatever industry or job I am doing. It's something that I've always thought, wanted, and known would come of my life, but to actually vocalize it that way felt so amazing. I think my confidence increased a few decibels in that sentence alone.

I would like to pose a "mission" to you all for the rest of the week... figure out what your goals are in life. Make them as big and outrageous as you possibly can. Say them to yourself, write them down, or if you're feeling like letting it all out, tell someone you know. Manifest destiny is a real thing and you can really apply it to your life if you believe and try. Keep God with you and He will enable you to do all things. Life is a crazy, messy ride, but it is the most wonderful thing that we can ever do. It is up to us to make it our own and make it what we want it to be, so don't hold back and no matter if it's the millionth time you've heard it, live your life with no regrets!! And if you need a little motivation to get out there and do something crazy, here are some pictures from our wonderful triple-threat-bday-bash of a weekend in LAS VEGAS! :)

 Can you say TWINNING!?!

 Triple-Threat


Today's Quote: "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. 

No comments:

Post a Comment