Friday, September 28, 2012

Over-Flowing Passion


Now that one of the bigger parts of this journey has been resolved (getting out of my lease), it's on to the next items on my list! Here I outlined the things that I would have to do before my departure, and I am very proud to say that since I wrote out this list, I have been able to check something off each day! Don't worry, I'm surprised by myself in this situation too! ;-D

I now have an orthodontist appointment, dentist appointment, and hair cut scheduled, as well as having figured out how I will get out of my lease, get my flight paid for, and manage seeing the people I need to see, in the midst of handling everything that needs to be handled. Still to be done are many things, among them, finding out which city I'll be living in, getting my visa, and purchasing my ticket ( No big deal right? Some of the only things left for me to figure out and do are the most important and biggest things of all 8-/ ), and, the one I am about to embark on right now... finding the cheapest storage unit that I can! [Suggestions are welcome and accepted in the comment box below.]

Oh, and did I mention that THIS IS MY LAST DAY OF WORK!?! 8-D Well, I mean, obviously I'm going to have another job, but I really don't consider it a job since I'll be living in Spain, on the beach (where I am manifesting myself), and traveling extensively. As much as I love kids and think teaching them could be fun, I've gotta be honest, I'm only doing this so I can become fluent in Spanish and travel around Europe some more. Quite understandable I'd say! But anyways, yes, today is my last day working for Mr. Mickey Mouse! (Didn't you know? He's my direct supervisor!;) If I include the time I spent here as an intern last summer, I have put in 10 months at the Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG), and worked in three different departments in that short amount of time (Media Relations for Daytime & SOAPnet, Communications Administration, and Internal Communications/Events). It has been such a great learning experience for me, and I have many learned many things that will serve me well in my future endeavors. There have been many great people I've met, and I am going to miss their humor quite a lot. I couldn't have been more proud to tell people where I work during my time here, even a little embarrassed at times because it's so awesome!

But now, I will finally be taking my own advice, and setting off to live a life that will bring me more happiness than I can fathom! (Not that I haven't experienced happiness here, it is after all, part of the happiest place on Earth!) Traveling, getting exposed to other cultures, and learning from others unlike myself are my passions, and I will embark on a life full of just that in a few short weeks! It is without a doubt the scariest, riskiest option I could make at this time, but I know that means it's the right one. If it scares you, it's probably meant to be, because nothing good ever came too easy! (Forgive my blending of every quote and cliche into one.)

Today's Thought: I am proud of myself. I made the hard choice, and am actually, finally, really pursuing the life that I have wanted for myself since my return to the U.S. over two years ago. It's scary, it's a mystery, it's going to be nothing that I could begin to expect, but it's going to be worth it, and it's going to be the greatest adventure I've had so far. I encourage you all to do the same! Don't spend time doing things if you don't love them. If you do what you're passionate about, you are bound to be the best you can be, and do it better than anyone else (namely those who don't have a passion for whatever it is). We have grown up in a world that tells us the steps we're supposed to take, what counts and what doesn't, what has worth and what doesn't, and what's acceptable and what's not. Why? Why does it have to be this way? Break the mold, MAKE YOUR OWN REALITY! The path you were on before will always be there when you get back, go live!


That is all. Blessings, love, and light to each one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment