Sunday, January 6, 2013

Looking Forward

My big move back to Spain is happening in just three days! Three days, THREE days, Three DAYS, THREE DAYS! Three, three, three! Ok, I'm done, I'm sorry, but I'm starting to feel the reality of it all aka freak-out-a-little-bit-when-I-think-about-it-too-much (like I clearly am right now).

I remember when I first found out my visa wasn't going to be ready in time for my November 9th flight and I had to reschedule my flight, leaving it for the 9th of January. That was a hard pill to swallow...semi-dreadful too. I remember thinking, "Oh my goodness, how am I going to survive two more months of living at home with nothing to do!?" I was going to be leaving the country, so there was no reason to look for a job, and I didn't really know what I wanted to get into while I was here, knowing I would be leaving so soon, so I kind of did nothing. (With the exception of hanging out with my grandma a couple times a week, which was awesome in many ways.) But, now, the time has come for me to pack up, ship out, and move forward.

And while the whole thought of moving to a city I've only briefly visited, essentially by myself, is incredibly frightening, it's also very appealing. It's exactly the kind of thing I envisioned myself doing -- going out and traveling a path traveled only by me, and letting my life happen according to nature and God's design. It's going to be the beginning of the rest of my life in a way, and I'm incredibly curious to see what happens. There's a lot to look forward to, but also a lot I will miss.

I've grown used to being with my family and being surrounded by them, and now I am going to embark on a journey all by myself. I will miss my friends and family so very much, and miss being in a familiar place where I know the in's and out's. I am entering unknown territory, but I'm strangely comfortable with that. But while there are many things I'm going to miss, there are also many things I'm looking forward to, like. . .

**Getting back out on my own, which means.... my diet is back under my control (which means my weight will also get under control). Living at home I have some control over what I'm eating, but because it's not just me on my own, I am subject to many things I normally don't buy for myself (ie. white rice and take out food). Also, as much as I adore hanging out with my grandma, eating out so many times a week is really taking its toll. I have gained 10 pounds in the last three months of being home, which is only five pounds less than I gained in the whole nine months I was abroad before. (Luckily I stared out 12 lbs. lighter than I was then, so I've really just gotten back to what used to be my standard weight.) Yikes. So I am absolutely looking forward to getting back into a cleaner-eating lifestyle. No white rice, no daily desserts, lots of small meals each day instead of two or three giant ones, and way more produce!

**Another big thing that I'm looking forward to about this year/move: NO TV! Weeellll, I probably shouldn't say no, but very little, and far less than in the last three months. The last time I was abroad, I didn't watch the television at all. We didn't have cable, I couldn't understand the programming, and what I could tell, it was not good. Of course there were the online movies or movies on computers that were watched, but the TV intake was incredibly minimal. Here, because 1,000 cable channels are available and I have very little to do, TV watching is at an all-time high. I am a total addict, and I'm looking forward to returning to a life without it. When I lived in L.A. I didn't have cable, and when I got home from work I would sew clothes, cut them up, design, and do other crafty things. No TV = better, more creative me. No more couch potato kicks off in THREE DAYS! 

**And then there are of course the things like, getting to know a new culture, enjoying a new part of the world, traveling, learning from other people and about other people, and returning to a life of travel, experience, and enhancement, which I will get into in a different post, because this one is getting a bit long, and those things I am so excited about, that they require more text than I'd give them right now.

I have always been number 13 in all the sports I've played for the last 12 years, so I know that 2013 is my year without a doubt! Some may think the number unlucky, but I'm quite pleased with my life and how I've performed in sports, so I have no fear. (Although I do hold certain other superstitions.) I can't wait to see what it brings, what happens, where my life goes, and how everything I've been manifesting comes to be reality. I hope you'll continue to join me on this journey, and please spread the word -- I'm hoping to snag a travel writing job somewhere along the way! :) 

Today's Thoughts: Go out there and do it! If you live in fear, you're probably not really living at all. Take chances, do things that scare you, and do not worry about what could go wrong, because there are so many things that could go right! 

~WE ARE ONE~ Listen, Love, & Never Judge ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment