Sunday, December 15, 2013

ADD'd Out

Ok, I don't know what is going on here, but I have been finding so many good things through Facebook shares lately! I think that perhaps the winter weather has finally struck some parts of the world (although we here in Sevilla are completely clueless to it, thankfully), so many of my friends are spending more time on the internet than they were before, and it's causing this surge of shares to happen. Music articles, political articles, and just generally good stuff. (Good stuff to my mind.) So here, for the second time this week (or can I say the first time this week, since it's Sunday??) I will be putting up a post so I can close out some of the 17 tabs I currently have open. My gosh..I have a problem. Head in the stars.

  • 8tracks -- Currently I'm not listening to this mix, but I threw it on last night, and discovered it to be a real gem. It's a cozy winter mix, full of chilled out indie/electro/hip hop.. just listen to it and relax with some tea or something. Current status: paused
  • El video de la familia Real que no quieren que veamos en Espana (the video of the Real family they don't want us to see in Spain) -- still haven't started it, probably because for me it's almost like homework to have to watch/listen to it in Spanish, but I'll get to it. Maybe in the airport or on the plane while I am FLYING HOME TO CALI THIS SATURDAY!! WHOOP! Current status: waiting
  • The Truth About Your Chakras..... -- yes, this is still open from four or five days ago. Current status: waiting
  • Icelanders Overthrow Government and Rewrite Constitution After Banking Fraud-No Word from US Media -- I mean, come on people, do you still think it's not possible for us to overtake the government and fix the situation in the States?? DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON!?! The media is bought out and owned by those in power, and no, I'm not talking about the Talking Head of a President, I'm talking about those high power, money hungry, mind warped dudes and dudettes who are trying to minimize the world population and bring us all together in their New World Order. Why do you think they wouldn't share this info with us? They don't want us to realize how possible it is!!! Current status: AMPED AS F.
  • Charity:Water -- a nonprofit that works to bring clean drinking water to people all over the world. This is one of my passions, and something I plan to work in. I was looking at the site, and happened to notice they are hiring, so I'm looking at the jobs. Unfortunately, it's a NY based company, and living in NY isn't on my To-Do list. Current status: browsing, will be donating to them 
  • Nirvana's Tense, Brilliant Unplugged in New York, 20 Years Later -- really powerful stuff here. Nirvana (if you don't know this name, you are doing yourself a disservice and need to hop on YouTube immediately). It's got a review of the performance, and a couple of videos. RIP Kurt Cobain <3 Current status: closing it out!
  • Elian Gonzalez Grown Up, Leaves Cuba, Speaks About 'Uncle Fidel' -- the title says it all. Current status: started and not-yet-finished
    • Update: Just finished it, it's not anything about what you think. I't about a guy's experience at a protest.
  • Tom Coburn: Obamacare Exchanges 'Will Work and Work Well' -- no comment. Just look at this, it's not the support you think it is. Current status: IGNITED
  • Scientists Finally Show How Your Thoughts Can Cause Specific Molecular Changes to Your Genes -- it's about time! Now will you believe in the power of your thoughts??? Practice mindfulness! Current status: STOKED
  • Foods to Activate and Rehabilitate Your Pineal Gland -- ok, it really bothers me that "pineal" is underlined with that squiggly red line to tell me that it's not grammatically correct. HOW CAN YOU TELL ME THAT!? Anyways..this is important stuff. Your pineal gland needs some extra love and attention. Especially after all those years of drinking fluoridated water. So read this, eat this, and help yourself! Current status: supporting fully
  • Love and Sex -- an article talking about the spirituality of sex and how it should be a sacred thing, not because Jesus says so, but because of what having sex means and does. It binds your soul to another soul, that's pretty major. It should be saved for the special, the meaningful, the important. Love this! Current status: enamored 
  • The Power of Empathy -- an animated short helps explain what the difference between empathy and sympathy are. Provided by Dr. Brene Brown, who is magical. Current status: paused
  • Facebook -- a message is open, as I asked my new Roman friend to suggest me some good Italian artists. I am going to begin learning Italian, and figure music is a perfect way to start :)
  • YouTube -- per the recommendation of my new friend, I am listening to a full album on YouTube by Jovanotti. It's really great! Take a listen! Current status: listening
  • Aguapedia.org -- I'm considering beginning a masters while I am here that is all about different processes and ways to clean and sanitize water to make it drinkable and distributed to countries that lack clean water. As I said, this is my passion, and as such, it could be a good thing to study. 
  • Spirit Hoods -- I bought the grey wolf one on the Black Friday sale day, but I don't think it is really my spirit animal. I am looking at the jack rabbit now, because it seems to be a good fit for my spirit, but I'm feeling more inclined to the black wolf I think.. (Free shipping on orders over 50$ for right now)

And there we have it! Now, I am going to do some yoga, mediate, do my devotional and hang with God, make some Japanese curry, and then tonight, I am going to my first ever football game! Woo!

Blessings to you all, and to all, love and light!

No comments:

Post a Comment