Thursday, December 15, 2011

Last Call

In a matter of hours I will have completed my undergraduate education here in beautiful Chico, CA. It's a little hard for me to fathom and really process, especially considering the POUNDING headache I'm suffering as a result of last night's festivities. Here in Chico we have a little thing called "buck night" that falls on multiple nights depending on the bar. Wednesday night is the Crazy Horse's night to shine.






And while I did not take advantage of the chance to dominate the bull, I absolutely took advantage of the concept of buck night. All well drinks are $1, doubles are $2. Incredible, right? So yes, now I am suffering and unprepared for the last final of my college career, but I am confident in my grade and know I will pass the class. In life you are faced with choices. To go out and strengthen your relationships, or live in solitude and focus on gaining superficial knowledge. Too often I've chosen to go out instead of study, but one thing I know for sure: when I look back on my life, I don't think of the low grades or missed classes and assignments; I think about the GREAT times that I had with my awesome friends and the memories we created. Those memories will last a lifetime and always bring a smile to my face no matter what the unmemorable consequence might have been. Life lessons are more valuable than lessons received in a classroom, and it's those lessons that I care to learn.


Now it's cram-time (because that's proven to be effective, right? ;)! So ready to finish this final and begin the celebrations once more!


Today's Quote: "Every man dies. Not every man really lives." -William Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment