Sunday, February 19, 2012

Perhaps Poetry

I love life more than most people can say they do, but I am very nervous and excited to see what my future holds. I always find myself wondering what else is out there, and wanting to constantly be on the move. It will be interesting to see in the future where I end up, and for how long. I've always seen myself as the kind of person who would live and love a travelers kind of life. Living in a new place each year and never settling down too much in one place. I would see it all and do everything, making the most out of each day. I've gotten a taste of what's out there through studying abroad, and can't imagine that I'll stop going till I'm full to capacity with all the culture, language, art, and knowledge that I possibly can get from experiencing other places. The world is a very large place that is often not traveled enough. It needs to be taken advantage of, and I think I am the sort of person to do just that. Going to places not many people have seen before, somehow leaving my mark and trying to make a positive impact on those I encounter along the journey. I'm always thinking, knowing, and wondering what else is out there and what unknown lands are waiting to be explored and discovered.

There's too much ground to cover, 
And I fear not enough time, 
But I fully intend to make the world mine. 

There's so much to see 
And too much to do, 
But time is of the essence for me and for you.

There's age to be consider for we grow tired and weak. 
And ideas and desires may remain vivid,
But our abilities and outlook become somewhat bleak.

But for now I am young, alive, thriving, and strong, 
And I know if I put my mind to it, 
There's nothing that can't be done.

But the world can't wait forever,
And neither can we,
There's adventures to be had, so let's set ourselves free!

Happy Sunday my friends! :) Now go out into the world and make your mark! Make it your goal this week or month to do something out of character. To push yourself to the limit, experience something new, do something that scares the hell out of you!

Today's Quote: "Believe you can and you're halfway there." -Theodore Roosevelt


No comments:

Post a Comment