Saturday, March 7, 2015

Why It Takes So Long To Leave

Message sent: Hey! I'm leaving my house now. :) Will be there in 5-10.

Why This Is Not a Realistic Time Frame 
OR 
Why It Takes Us (Me) So Long to Leave


  1. I'm ready to go, my shoes are on, I just have to grab my keys and go, but first, I have to pee really badly because I've been holding it in the last 20 minutes for no good reason.
  2. Oh yeah, I'm supposed to bring that bottle of wine, ok, I'll grab it from the fridge on my way out the door.
  3. But what am I going to put it in? Hmm.. should I just carry it in my hand, or use my little backpack?
  4. Ok, what else do I need to take with me?
  5. I think I might be too cold in just this, I'm going to put on another layer.
  6. Aw shoot, most of my clothes are hanging to dry or in the washer! What should I wear?
  7. Well now I have to change my shoes/shirt/pants/hair/everything/everything/everything.
  8. I'm really thirsty. I'm going to drink some water now, then it'll be through my body before we eat. Better for digestion.
  9. Now I have to pee again.
  10. Should I take anything else? I mean, an appetizer or something? But I don't really have anything good to take. Ok, I'll just take the wine. That's fine.
  11. So where does she live?
  12. Ok, but what number is the flat? Hm..I'll just ask when I get there.
  13. Is there anything else I need?
  14. Is there anything else I need to do before I go?
  15. What time am I coming back? Should I take a scarf? It might be cold when I'm leaving, and I'm still kinda sick, I don't want to make it worse.
  16. Where is my Chapstick?
  17. Will I want to go sit in the sun and read/write/color after? Should I take a journal with me? Yes, always a journal, always.
  18. One last check in the mirror...
  19. Should I put on a bra? I'm kinda tired of the people here looking at me funny.
  20. Oh well, I'm foreign, it's going to happen anyways.
  21. Now I'm going to blog about it.
  22. Now I am actually leaving.
  23. Oh, but wait, now I have to do all these things...

No comments:

Post a Comment