Message sent: Hey! I'm leaving my house now. :) Will be there in 5-10.
Why This Is Not a Realistic Time Frame
Why It Takes Us (Me) So Long to Leave
- I'm ready to go, my shoes are on, I just have to grab my keys and go, but first, I have to pee really badly because I've been holding it in the last 20 minutes for no good reason.
- Oh yeah, I'm supposed to bring that bottle of wine, ok, I'll grab it from the fridge on my way out the door.
- But what am I going to put it in? Hmm.. should I just carry it in my hand, or use my little backpack?
- Ok, what else do I need to take with me?
- I think I might be too cold in just this, I'm going to put on another layer.
- Aw shoot, most of my clothes are hanging to dry or in the washer! What should I wear?
- Well now I have to change my shoes/shirt/pants/hair/everything/everything/everything.
- I'm really thirsty. I'm going to drink some water now, then it'll be through my body before we eat. Better for digestion.
- Now I have to pee again.
- Should I take anything else? I mean, an appetizer or something? But I don't really have anything good to take. Ok, I'll just take the wine. That's fine.
- So where does she live?
- Ok, but what number is the flat? Hm..I'll just ask when I get there.
- Is there anything else I need?
- Is there anything else I need to do before I go?
- What time am I coming back? Should I take a scarf? It might be cold when I'm leaving, and I'm still kinda sick, I don't want to make it worse.
- Where is my Chapstick?
- Will I want to go sit in the sun and read/write/color after? Should I take a journal with me? Yes, always a journal, always.
- One last check in the mirror...
- Should I put on a bra? I'm kinda tired of the people here looking at me funny.
- Oh well, I'm foreign, it's going to happen anyways.
- Now I'm going to blog about it.
- Now I am actually leaving.
- Oh, but wait, now I have to do all these things...