Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Big Two-One

It is one of the most anticipated landmarks in a person's life. It literally opens doors everywhere you go, and gives your weekends that little kick they need after years of house partying have become something of a bore. It brings a new level of convenience to your life that you never before could understand. And it is one of the craziest, most celebrated days in a person's life. And it is... your 21st birthday!

I personally think that celebrating the "big 2-1" is right up there with the likes of a wedding reception. People come out of the wood works when there's a 21st to be celebrated, and everyone is ready to get wild and have a good time. It is such a joy to spend your time and money getting someone else completely plastered, and a joy that I feel is surrounding my life quite a lot as of late. At least one person I know is turning 21 this weekend,  not to mention the gradual increase in our 21-club members from the polo team, and many of my friends also have other friends or relatives turning the glorified age this weekend. It is an exciting and celebratory time for all of us, and I think that's one of the reasons why I love them so much. Anytime I get to see someone looking that happy and having that much fun, not to mention contribute to it, I am living on a high! Birthdays make people feel loved like never before, and like the world is their playground (which for some, birthdays mean it is..). Everyone is there for you, because of you, to help you have the best time ever. How awesome is that? I really can't think of anything better (other than being one of the people to help the birthday gal or guy feel such a way). And the moods that come along with birthday celebrations seem to cover any range of happy, positive, and care-free that you can imagine! People don't show up to a birthday party pissed off or wanting to cause problems, but instead they come through the door shouting "happy birthdays" and screaming with joy. Ahh yes, birthday season has begun, and I couldn't be happier!

Here are a couple of the photos that were produced as a result of my 21st birthday. I went to Dublin, Ireland with a multi-racial group of Americans, Frenchies, Australians, Norwegians, and Finns (Finland) and had one heck of a time!
 Quite an exceptional group of ladies, if I do say so myself ;)
One of my supremely great birthday faces..

Today's Quote: "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?" -Satchel Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment