Friday, June 15, 2012

Cheers, Mate

Well, it's Friday! The long-awaited day that just about every person and their mother looks forward to from the time that Sunday night hits. It signifies that the week is over, and we have a couple days to take care of business, or do nothing at all. Friday means we can pat ourselves on the back for making it through the week alive, throw on our comfs and ditch the work clothes, and sleep in till our internal clocks go off (which, thanks to work, is about 8:30 for me).

This weekend I will be taking it quite easy, with the exception of going to The Temper Trap concert tonight at the Hollywood Palladium. Tomorrow I need to go to Costco, DSW (hello, it was pay-day, means a new pair of shoes is in order), send in my rent check, go on a hike, and walk around the neighborhood (all things subjective pending my mood and desires;). But the most-anticipated activity of the weekend for me is, dun-du-duuh...going to the Farmer's Market on Sunday that is about 25 steps from my apartment! :D I cannot wait to mingle with some local growers and buy some fresh produce!

I should probably also look into getting some cable/internet set-up at my place too, it's a bit difficult not to have wifi.

Another thing I want to look into this weekend is ways I can begin to take my life in the direction I believe it is meant to go -- one in which I am constantly helping other people, giving back, and doing what I can to improve the quality of life of those around me, and in this world. I refuse to leave this earth without having done something drastic or major to have a positive impact on it, and I cannot continue to let the days pass without making a proactive motion towards said change. I see a long afternoon at a wifi-enabled coffee shop in my near future, so that I may begin to research and plan my future.


Today's Thought: Get out there and do something for someone else this weekend. Seek someone out if you have to, but make sure that you don't spend the weekend fulfilling your own hopes, desires, and wants, but make sure that you bring a smile to someone else's face as well. Don't be negative if things seem to start spiraling out of control, and never be condescending to your fellow man. It's up to us to take care of one another and make the world a better place. After all, don't you want to have children? Don't you want to bring them into a world where we love one another instead of try to top one another? Just a thought. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment