Friday, June 1, 2012

The Next Chapter Begins Now

As I sit here in my room at my uncles' house surrounded by the rest of my things all packed up, I am struck by such a cocktail of feelings. I have been living here now for *cough cough* three months *cough cough,* and while it is probably at least a month and a half longer than any of us anticipated, it went by faster than a speeding bullet.

I have never lived alone before, and while I am excited about reclaiming my independence and getting back into the world as a strong woman, I am also frightened. I can say without a reasonable doubt that I have taken advantage of my time living here in this paradise, and I am going to miss very much coming home to family and Sunshine (the cutest dog ever). I take comfort in knowing I am a mere five minutes away from them, but I still can't help but wonder if I'm really ready for this next chapter.

Adventures aren't something I run from, so I am prepared to take on this journey full-force, but it's going to be quite a change of pace from being mothered and fathered, to returning to a way of life that requires me to be almost solely dependent on myself. My eyes are starting to glisten as I look around the room I have called mine for so many weeks now, but I also know that I am leaving and heading in the direction I am supposed to.

A moment of clarity came to me yesterday, and a voice inside let me know that I am exactly where I am supposed to be. The path I am on will take me to where I want to be in life and what I should be doing, even if I am unaware of where and what that might be at the current time. Since graduating college I've always said, "life's a ride, and I'm along for it." Let the next adventure begin, and let you grow with me as I grow in it.

Today's Thought comes from something that Kate said over the weekend at LiB. She said, "wherever you are, is perfect." Embrace every moment, take what comes, and seize all opportunities, because they don't go away, they just move onto the next person. P&L

No comments:

Post a Comment