Thursday, May 24, 2012

DISGUSTED.

Ok, this is not going to be the nicest entry that I have ever written, but I am all about the honesty here, and that's what you're going to get!

I have been in a really great mood all day, and all week for that matter. I think that knowing that Lightning in a Bottle is this weekend, and that I get to spend it with two of my favorite people in the world, and then see my boo thing to cap off the long weekend, in combination with the fact I have been listening to Christian music all week, has really kept my spirits high and soaring. I've been smiling a lot, work has been going so well, and I feel as though my life is moving in a positive direction.

But then, I got off work and went to my apartment. I needed to take some measurements so I know what size rugs, curtains, and etc I am going to need, and after taking all the necessary measurements, I also took a better look at the place. What I realized... it was FILTHY. And that's after I went there on and swiffered and scrubbed it down. I don't think it had had a professional cleaning since God knows when, which I'd say should absolutely happen in between tenants. I realize it is standard for the former tenant to clean the place before the new one moves in, but to leave goopy stuff in one of the closets, dust and grime all over the counters, sink, tub, and floor, a Q-Tip in the restroom, AND FRESHLY SHAVED HAIR ALL OVER THE BATHROOM FLOOR!?!?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING!?

Maybe it's just because I am a total neat-freak and do not shave over a sink and leave it all over the place (especially if I'm moving out and someone new is moving in), but that is SO DISGUSTING. So many people have completely forgone their ability to be considerate to others, and it is such a disappointment. So now, on Tuesday when I was planning to start taking over my things and my feelings were revolving between excitement, joy, and happiness about making a new home, I will instead be on my hands and knees scrubbing the hell out of my soon-to-be-place, that in the current hour, I hate. I will take photos and post them before I clean it just so you can see what I'm talking about.

There you have it. One more story from the moving diaries. Many more to come!

Today's Thought: Fact: Treat others how you want to be treated.

Not saying that I hope that Alexis' (as I found out from an old bill in the mail) new apartment was covered in some guy's facial hair, but if it was, I wouldn't be the last to say, "Karma's a ...................!"

No comments:

Post a Comment