Monday, May 21, 2012

Work/Life Balance

Today I officially began the process of moving into my new place. Well, I guess if we want to be technical about it, I got the keys a week ago today, but I haven't been back since or put in any work moving, so I'm starting this blogairy (blog/diary). I went over tonight when I got off work so I could Swiffer/sweep/scrub the place down before I begin to take over my belongings. Since there isn't any electricity, gas, or water, I was limited on what I could do, but not mentally. The OCD in me popped out as I began to envision where everything would go and how I would set the place up. I absolutely intend to take it from a studio to a one bedroom, but it's going to take some time. Since I have such extravagant plans for the next month, I will have to really figure out my budget so I can buy the apartment amenities that I absolutely need (ie. floor lamp, white Xmas lights, and rugs). I am thrilled about the idea of my new place, and can't wait to see how it turns out after it's gotten some TLC and a nice stylish touch.

This was quite a remarkable Monday for one other reason though.. Today, I LOVED my job. I was sent with one of my colleagues to a press junket for ABC Family's upcoming comedy, "Baby Daddy." My co-worker and I went so we could interview the talent and the show creator/runner/writer for an article for our employee webpage. He told me that he would interview the creator, but that I would be left to interview the talent. Mind you, I've never really interviewed anyone for anything, so I had a quick moment of "Oh my gosh, what!?" Luckily I am not a very intimidated person, don't tend to get star-struck, and am not otherwise socially inept, so it was really not bad, and the cast members were great. The guys (Jean-Luc Bilodeau, Derek Theler, and Tahj Mowry) were all very easy-going (and so very attractive) and had amazing chemistry, and Melissa Peterman and Chelsea Kane were charming as could be. But I will say, they were taking cast photos before they started the interviews, and sure the guys were nice to look at, but as soon as they brought out that baby, the guys disappeared and I was all-eyes-on-her. Talk about a precious bundle of joy, love, and adorable-ness! (Dear friends, please someone have a baby soon so I can love it, without holding any responsibility:) It was one of those days that makes me say, "I really love my job." And the kind of day that reminds me why I am doing what I do. I am looking forward to more exciting days!


Today's Thought: Never underestimate the power of positive thought and perseverance. If you let the negative and bad infiltrate your mind, body, and soul, then that is all that will come out and surround you. Channel the positive and the good, and everything around you improves and falls into place. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment