Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Dream Is A Wish

I just got off the phone with one of my oldest and dearest friends. We both are recent grads, working full-time, and living with relatives. Our conversation was fantastic -- the kind that two people can have after not having been in touch for a couple of months only if they are "on that level." Whenever we speak it's like no time has passed at all, even though in the last two years we've only seen each other maybe four or five times. He's my brother, I'm his sister, and we have deepened our relationship through our common belief and trust in God. Through the course of our conversation, we talked a lot about our goals, dreams, aspirations, and what we really want to do with our lives. After, I went on Facebook, and in my water polo group from Chico, a former teammate had posted a video. It was an interview with the goalie from the USA Olympic women's water polo team, Betsey Armstrong about the upcoming summer games. This, in combination with my phone convo, led me to realize some of the things I wished I could, would, and had in life. Some are as follows:

  • Play water polo in the Olympics (dream big, right?)
  • Go to the Olympics (summer games, of course)
  • Visit the most remote places in the world that very few have been before
    • Walk a path that few steps have 
  • Travel the world, meeting people along the way, and helping those that I can
  • Another mission trip to another country
  • Be proud of each moment
  • Make something of myself
  • Do what I can to bring the world to peace
  • Time travel (good to have some "impossible" ones;)
  • Always bring a positive light to those I encounter
    • Touch them with my smile and kindness
    • Make them believe that there is still good in the world
  • And the final one I will include, which also happens to have been my No. 1 resolution of the new year, live with no regrets. Not regret not doing/saying something or doing/saying something. Take each moment for what it is, and maximize it
I will now begin a new bucket list, to be posted periodically. 

Although we cannot know how long we have on this planet, we can control how we spend our time. What we do with it, how we feel about it, and with whom we spend it. So avoid the bull shit. Stay away from those that will cause stress, frustration, and bring about negativity, and fill your time with people that love you for you, don't want you to be anything else, and that you love in return. If you're unhappy, do something about it. YOU ARE THE DIRECTOR OF YOUR OWN STORY, it's time to start acting as such!



Today's Quote: "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience." -Pierre Teilhard de Chardin -- LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment